Archive for March, 2011
Remix time again:
And Green on Marx:
Found at the excellent music hosting service of SoundCloud.
I was in Carrollton, Texas (near Dallas) on business lately so I am a bit behind on some of these postings. A lot of promotional interviews making the rounds. Here are 3 really good ones that Bibbly-o-tek.com readers have sent us:
1) A nice long interview with David Gamson on SonicState.com (by musicians, for musicians: the number one source for anyone looking to buy a keyboard, sampler or drum machine) A link to a higher quality version of the interview can be found here.
2) The BBC 2 Radio show by Radcliff and Maconie presented an interview with Green on March 14th. Here is a link to their site for the higher quality uncut version. It starts at about 1 hour and 13 minutes into the segment. We cut the non Scritti-related information and dialed the quality down a notch to provide a quick bandwidth friendly version here.
Thanks to David Klimek from the Montreal Gazette ( and others) who pointed out the Guardian Interview.
Thanks to Franck Slakmon for pointing us to the Gamson interview.
Our own Richard Wallis came up with the info on finding the interview on Pi day (3.14) with Radcliff and Maconie. Thanks Richard! He has also pointed out that Jools Holland will have an interview with Green on the BBC 2 on his show on April 4th!
Party like it’s February 7th, 1980! Scritti Politti played a live gig on that date at the Electric Ballroom in Camden Town. Click here to see a review found in the archives of Erika’s “Archeology of the Frivolous” (Scritti fansite from a decade or so back) now hosted by Wildcat (aka Ayako Tachibana) The Scritti Politti Workshop in Japan. Up until recently, all that was available was the article. Below are mp3 files from a recording from a bootleg taping found from a source who wishes to remain anonymous.
Enjoy these MP3′s including what the donor called an “embryonic” version of the song “Sex.”
Here are the files:
1 in 5 bibbly-o-tek.com readers are from Japan. Our thoughts and prayers are with them during this difficult time! Yesterday I posted an article in Japanese asking for donations to help pay for our site. In lieu of recent events, this seams rather silly. Godspeed to your recovery and to those who visit our site from the land of the rising sun, I simply say domo arigato.
Aussie fans will want to listen to this clip from Gary Crowley who recently interviewed Green on BBC. A bibbly-o-tek.com reader sent us this audio clip. Here is a link to Gary’s area on the BBC or you might also find this link helpful as Gary was actually filling in for Danny Baker.
Thanks to our “stateside reader doing his part.”
Green picks the music he loved with 5 year intervals for Pitchfork’s 5-10-15-20
Interesting choice, to say the least.
Photo by Richard Skidmore
For years now bibbly-tek.com has been the number one fan blog for evertything related to Scritti Politti. It truly has been a labor of love for myself and my European counterparts. We want to take this opportunity to thank our readers for contributing to our site with Scritti related information so we can share it with every Scritti fan there is one place. Each year goes by and we have some small fees to pay to our services provider for hosting this site. We have collectively been able to scrape a few bucks together to keep it going. Early on we put in a link to purchase WBBB through us as a commissioned affiliate. This did not amount to anything to speak of, but it was worth trying to help cover our costs. I think our net was a few dollars total. Recently, we had a short online meeting and discussed how to monetize this site. We concluded that advertising would be too uncool. (Did you see the Social Network? Yeah, like that!) We hope you agree. Our solution is to put a Paypal donate button that you see to the right. We encourage you to give what you can. We are not trying to get rich, by any means, simply cover some of our costs. We receive thousands of hits every month and it has been on the rise lately with the advent of new material. Please give if you can, don’t leave us “a day late and a dollar short” and we will continue to provide the best Scritti Politti fan blog on the planet! Cheers!
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- November 2012 (1)
- September 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (1)
- April 2012 (1)
- March 2012 (2)
- February 2012 (4)
- January 2012 (2)
- December 2011 (5)
- October 2011 (4)
- August 2011 (1)
- Albums (48)
- Collaborations (7)
- Gigs (60)
- Portsmouth Wedgewood, July 10th 2006 (1)
- Amsterdam Paradiso, March 30th 2006 (9)
- Chicago Double Door, November 4th 2006 (2)
- Edinburgh Liquid Rooms, August 7th 2006 (2)
- Hollywood The Roxy Theatre, October 29th 2006 (4)
- London Luminaire, April 24th 2006 (5)
- London Scala, July 11th 2006 (2)
- London The Lexington, March 13th (1)
- Oxford Zodiac, July 8th 2006 (2)
- Songs of Nick Drake, January 2010 (2)
- Summersonic, August 12th-13th 2006 (1)
- Tate, August 4th 2006 (1)
- Tokyo, Club Quattro, August 10th 2006 (1)
- Interviews (34)
- Miles Davis (1)
- Press release (2)
- Producers (1)
- Arif Mardin (1)
- Radio (17)
- Rarities (10)
- Remixes (7)
- Review (10)
- Scritti Packaging (9)
- Scritti Politti (203)
- Singles (7)
- Sitetalk (11)
- Tech talk (1)
- Video (20)